Happy almost Random Acts of Kindness Day!
There are so many good things to be celebrated this week. Warm weather. Ollie turned 11 months old. For Valentine’s Day, my sisters worked with me to surprise Steven with his favorite ever donuts from Amy’s Donuts in Colorado Springs (side story – While I was off to pick up donuts, Steven randomly came home for lunch and called to see where we were. I humored myself by fibbing to Steven and said I was picking up puppy. I sent him a random yellow lab picture I found and told him Violet named her Banana. He wasn’t amused, but I was.) Anyway, back to the list… Random Acts if Kindness Day is Friday. My birthday is Friday. I get to hang out with my husband almost all Saturday baby free (I love them, but I like to see my hubs too). I’m picking out paint for our little half-bath reno. I’ve made it to round 7 of a photo contest (my first legit contest) that I entered… I’m told there were 332,768 photos and they’ve eliminated over 80% of them so far. Here’s hoping to make it to round 8!! I am bringing out spring decorations in the house and am finding I have more of an affinity towards rabbits then I ever realized. I cleaned off and mostly organized my desk, which was a feat. Oh and last but not least, WE’RE HOSTING A GIVEAWAY!!
Whoa. A giveaway! I know! Random Acts of Kindness Day is Friday, February 17th. This contest is for you to do a little act of kindness for someone you love. For those of you who don’t know this little tidbit, I love, as in L.O.V.E., giving random gifts. I buy random little things for people just because I like to. I sometimes pay for the coffee behind me. And if I pick out a gift early for someone, more likely than not, they’re going to get it early. And then still get another birthday/Christmas/just because I want to. So I want to gift a session now! My clients and community have shown me so much love, I’d like to show some back.
Here’s how to enter:
- Think of someone you love who deserves to have an updated portrait session. It could be a High School Senior, family, couple, etc.
- Keep thinking of that person, open your email, and type email@example.com in the “To:” line.
- Say something like “Hey Steph! I’m (insert your name here). I’d love to nominate (insert the name of the person you’re thinking of) to win a session with you and here’s why…. then tell me a little about them and why they would be the most worthy person to win! Share a little of their story, things they love, and you can even include a picture if you would like!
- Let me know what type of session you would like them to win.
- Please make sure to include your phone number and their contact information
- You can nominate more than one person, but please send their nomination in separate emails.
Entry Deadline: Friday, February 17th at midnight.
The winner will be notified Saturday, February 18th.
I’m excited to read all of the entries!
Here are a few rules for the contest:
- The gift voucher can be applied towards the investment of a session. It can not be applied to weddings, previous sessions, sessions that are scheduled already, extended family sessions, and can not be redeemed for cash.
- The gift voucher is nontransferable.
- The session must take place within 20 miles of Colchester, Illinois or Sparland, Illinois.
- The session must be scheduled and completed by May 31, 2017.
- Winner must agree to sign a contract and model release that outlines the details of the session.
- This giveaway is not sponsored.